In this episode, our guest David Barnett shared the following insights as well as his story of how he got into consulting and the twists and turns that it took to get him there. You will discover that his story could be your story. He challenges us to be openly honest with ourselves if we are going to become successful in our journey. The good news is that he now shares his story to help you avoid some of the mistakes he made along the way.
Here are some highlights of what I gleaned from the interview:
- Got into business consulting because of an unmet need that surfaced from repeated questions
- Sometimes it takes a while to see a return on your investment of time, finances and other resources
- It's easy to develop a scarcity mindset during times of financial difficulties
- Business is an asset to make us money. Once it no longer does so, you’ve gotta kill it
- The chatter of what others might think keeps us doing what no longer works. We’d rather look good while we are dying within
- Sometimes chatter of what others might think keeps us doing what no longer works. We’d rather look good while we are dying place
- Most people who are in business do not know how to run a business. They operate as a technician in a business rather than a business owner
Take a closer look at your potential target audience by asking these 5 questions:
- Who are these people?
- What do they need?
- How can I meet them?
- What are they asking for?
- What do they need to learn about me before they are able to do business with me?
A lot of your business ideas may not be suitable to take to market. Doing the research and be willing to make the hard call is the key.
Here are the 4 Sobering Advice To Which We Ought to Take Heed:
- Take a long hard objective look at your situation
- Stop confusing or lying to yourself about what is going on
- Recognize the fair value of everything that is going on in your business
- Make a decision
… the sooner a decision is made, the better off you’ll end up being. These decisions will take some time to be resolved.
Here's one action step we are asking you to take:
Tell two people or more about this podcast. You can also record a FREE 90 seconds or less voice message of a comment or question in the widget provided.
Take a few minutes and leave your feedback below and share this podcast and post with two or three people today.